Color matching of coatings is a complex and meticulous work. Because there are many kinds of colors, it is necessary to understand the performance of various pigments and accurately judge the color differences. Learn the methods and skills of color matching from color experts.
(1) be careful when mixing colors. Generally, the small sample shall be tested first, and the quantity of color matching coating shall be preliminarily obtained, and then the large sample shall be prepared according to the small sample result. First, adjust the secondary color and secondary color respectively in a small container.
(2) first add the main color (the color with large amount and small coloring power in the color matching), then add the dark color (or color matching) with large dyeing power slowly and intermittently, and continuously stir, and observe the change of color at any time.
(3) "from shallow to deep", especially when adding pigments with strong coloring power, avoid excessive.
(4) in color matching, there will be slight differences between the coating and the dried coating. The color of various coatings is generally lighter when the film is wet. When the coating is dry, the color will deepen. Therefore, if the sample is a dry sample, the color matching paint shall be tested and compared after drying; if the sample is a wet sample, drop a drop of the sample in the color matching paint to observe whether the two colors are the same.
(5) in advance, it is necessary to know the floating degree of the primary color in the multi-color paint and the change of the paint materials, especially the amino paint and perchloroethylene paint, and pay more attention.
(6) when preparing the multi-color coating, the coating with the same properties shall be selected for mutual blending, and the solvent system shall also be mutually soluble, otherwise, due to the poor miscibility of the coating, the quality will be affected, and even delamination, precipitation or gelation will occur, which can not be used.
(7) because the color often has different color heads, if it is matched with positive green, yellow with green head and blue with yellow head are generally used; if it is matched with purple red, blue with red head and red with blue head are used; if it is matched with orange, red with yellow head and yellow with red head are used.
(8) pay attention to the auxiliary materials to be added in the process of color mixing, such as the color of drier, curing agent, diluent, etc., so as not to affect the color.
(9) in the preparation of gray, green and other multi-color paint, due to the preparation of various pigments, the density and oil absorption of the pigments are different, which is likely to cause "floating color" and "blooming". At this time, a small amount of surfactant or leveling agent and anti floating agent can be added as appropriate to solve the problem. If 0.1% silicone oil is added as usual to prevent and control, all kinds of surfactants produced by foreign companies need to distinguish which solvent system to use, and the addition amount is generally 0.1% - 1%.
(10) based on the fact that the paint film of the color paint is slightly transparent, the color of the top coat can be more bright than that of the original paint by selecting the appropriate base color. This is a color produced after the base color and the original color are superposed according to the principle of natural light reflection and absorption. The paint engineering is called "transparent". For example, yellow primer can make red more bright, gray primer can make red more red, positive blue primer can make black more black and bright, and water blue primer can make white cleaner and whiter. Cream, pink, ivory, sky blue, white as primer, etc.
This article was first published by Zhongshan fulaite building materials Co., Ltd. (http://www.zsfulaite.com/). If it is reproduced, please indicate the source.